Have you paid a visit to the Australian National Maritime Museum with the tribe recently? They have so many fun activities and events on for kids, there’s something to do during the week for pre-school aged kids, on the weekends for families and in the school holidays.
- Lego table
- Puppet theatre and dress ups
- Archeological dig
- Air drying clay, with gold leaf + glitter to decorate
- Make a diorama
- Printing, painting and drawing
- Visiting working harbour vessels
- Harbour Hoots Family Tours with Captain Scuttlebutt
- Climb up the Cape Bowling Green Lighthouse
Finally there’s the popular Mini Mariners events specifically for 2-5 year olds with lots of different themed events running throughout the year. During July there is a W is for Wildlife event where the little ones can enjoy touch tours creature specimens and August is Pirates Ahoy month where kids can follow a treasure map around the museum to find the secret treasure cave.
If you’re thinking of visiting the Australian National Maritime Museum, plan your visit here!